Thursday, June 2, 2011

Target 2000 and beyond!

It is with extreme ecstacy, delight, gratitude and love, I announce that all money donated and pledged so far has not only reached the $2000 target, but has EXCEEDED it!!!

When all monies are in, we are able to purchase a Maternity Tuk Tuk Ambulance for the work of LifeOptions Direct Empowerment, Cambodia & Nepal.

All extra money will be used for petrol, midwives wages, biulding toilets, and many, many other things! Money donations are still encouraged. These people need as much as we can give.

For instance:

$1 will buy a litre of petrol
$45 is what it costs in petrol to transfer a woman to the big hospital in Phnom Penh
$25 will put in a village toilet
$2000 is a Tuk Tuk transfer vehicle

$5 will feed a poor family for a week

I'm not sure what was happening in the stars, but it seems almost unbelievable how the funds came. For 6 weeks I tried my hardest and struggled to reach the target. I had donations of $320 which slowly came over 1 and a half months. I was feeling a little disappointed and a littlle lonely in this adventure. Then one evening, a few nights ago, I recieved an email from a beautiful family whose birth I attended, and they told me they wanted to donate a big chunk of money towards the ambulance. I was ecstatic, reeling in delight, wrapped in gratitude. How generous.

Around this same evening, one of my friends asked how much I had raised so far, and once I told her, she spread the word across Facebook that I need more funds. And then others posted it. And then others posted it. And then others posted it. The following morning I had over 20 emails asking me for details of where they would deposit money. I was so amazed, I almost didn't believe it. I was sitting at the computer screen blurry eyed from mmany tears being shed. My faith in the human spirit was restored.

To date, money donated and pledged so far is $2226. And there is more to come!

Please know that although I have reached the target for the Tuk Tuk, the peoples in Cambodia have so very little. And as I said earlier,  the excess money can go to many, many different things including paying the local midwives, buying petrol for the TUk Tuk so it can actually transfer women to emergency care, supplies for the birth centre and school, building toilets in the village, and the list goes on and on and on and on!

Thankyou so much to those who donated money. I will publicly thank you on here, once I get the long list of names organised and once all the money is in! You all rock, and will have a place in my heart forever and ever and ever. Thankyou for sharing the same dream as me

Xo

An image of the Tuk Tuk carriage style vehicle

1 comment:

  1. Slow me has just caught up on this news but I wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS SHEREE and THANKYOU SO MUCH for campaigning and pioneering and giving of yourself to see this wonderful happening happen. My heart feels so full and inspired to know the Tuk Tuk was able to go to her people in need.
    love
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete